When going on a holiday with kids, it is quite challenging to keep everyone entertained. Toddlers could be helped with a dentist song, older children and teenagers can get easily bored; meanwhile, parents need a break, too.
If you are heading to a family-friendly destination like Doha, make sure to plan ahead and take note of essential family travel tips, so you’ll be off to a great start.
Qatar is not just an excellent business stopover spot. It also welcomes families looking for fun and entertainment, even if you are just staying for the weekend. There are plenty of weekend activities in Doha to keep your children engaged and busy while parents shop or discover attractions suited for adults.
From play areas and theme parks to unique adventures, Doha boasts a lot of child-friendly things to do. Here are some of the best options.
1. Explore Doha Festival City
More than just a shopping mall that is home to more than 400 local and international retailers, Doha Festival City also boasts several entertainment attractions and activities for kids. These include:
Angry Birds World
Angry Birds World in Doha Festival City is an indoor theme park based on the Angry Birds movie and game. It offers everything from educational activities for children to thrilling rides for people of all ages.
There are over 20 attractions and rides, including:
- The Blast Bomb – This is a breath-taking drop-and twist ride for kids aged seven and up. The ride is released upwards where you can feel the vibration and the elasticity upon ascending, then crashes back to the ground with a boom.
- The Bouncing Blues – Experience a pouncing, bouncing roundabout ride alongside the most playful members of the Angry Birds family.
- The Red Alert – Enjoy Red’s mini dance party with all the turning, spinning, and cavorting journey of red-hot rage.
- Pirate Coast – Let the unique boat-themed bumper cars take you towards the high seas, where the enemies are encountered. This ride is all about the clash between the Hogs and the Birds that has inspired this theme park. You have to target other players on your way using an IR beam that can leave them spinning.
Apart from the exciting rides, Angry Birds World also has unique features. These include:
- The Red House – Be impressed by the distinctive style of Red’s House as it invites your little ones to thrilling sand play games. A Raft Battle can take guests on a theatrical journey of Angry Birds beginning from Birds Island to Piggy Island. You may also try the Angry Coaster, a fast ride that spins through to the air.
- The Big Tree – This is another formidable feature of Angry Birds World in Doha. It is a 17-meter-high tower that offers families an engaging environment where kids can discover the basics of science, grow their artistic side, and improve their musical know-how.
- City Studio – This studio offers activities that can test your child’s strength and capabilities, including rope courses, roller gliders, and parabolic slides. But the must-try activity in City Studio is the 1,300-meter Trampoline Universe.
The Angry Birds World park is designed with rides, games, attractions, and baby bassinet theatres loved by all. It offers the utmost entertainment and adventure to everyone, especially the youngsters.
If your kids love video games, a visit to Virtuocity is a must. This center has plenty of PS4s, Xboxes, and computers for them to use. You can even book one of the VIP rooms so your youngsters can play against each other or their peers. Moreover, let them experience virtual reality games and escape rooms.
Experience snow in Qatar by checking out Snow Dunes in Doha Festival City. This is an Arabian-themed winter wonderland with a cutting-edge snow-making machine, carousel, slopes, and slides. It offers nine thrilling attractions, a restaurant, and the Magic Box that can transform any occasion into a remarkable celebration.
Pamper your kids while you shop by dropping them off at Caboodle. The Drop N Shop program of Caboodle offers supervised playtime for your youngsters in a vibrant and bright environment while you enjoy a child-free time. A dedicated Caboodle staff member who is well-trained in child-specific first aid and child safety will be assigned to your kids for the duration of their stay.
To ignite your child’s imagination, Caboodle has an arts and crafts activity room, an imagination zone with role-play toys, and a dress-up corner with a wide range of costumes. There are also kid’s dining and salon options to keep them occupied.
For a rewarding visit, consider signing up for the Festival City Kids Club to get exclusive access to discounts and events in Doha Festival City.
2. Feel all grownup at KidZania Doha
Located in Aspire Park, KidZania Doha is best suited for kids who want to role-play different jobs, such as being a chef, doctor, firefighter, fashion designer, artist, pilot, secret agent, and hotelier. It is a place where children can think, enjoy, work, and feel all grown up as they take on all these kinds of educational roles.
3. Experience animal-themed fun at Jungle Zone
Located in Hyatt Plaza, Jungle Zone is designed like a vibrant forest with animated trees and animals. It is one of the best dreamlands for kids, featuring different attractions like video games, bumper cars, roller coasters, carnival games, and a racetrack. Other attractions like The Nest and the 7D dark ride are meant for kids aged two to five.
Moreover, Jungle Zone has amusement park rides. They also offer decorated party rooms with Amazon, Rainforest, or Tropical themes that have arrangements for shows like face-painting, acrobatics, magic, and juggling.
Jungle Zone is a fun-filled entertainment park for your kids to spend time and burn off energy in.
4. Take a splash at Aqua Park
Aqua Park is Qatar’s first water park, offering water-based activities that your kids will surely enjoy. Fun spots and attractions the park houses include:
- Wave pool – This is a massive pool with enchanting water waves, featuring six patterns with different intensities.
- African Village – Discover Africa with your kids as you play in the slides with animal shapes and showers in a mushroom shape. There are also giraffe and elephant showers for kids who enjoy water sprays.
- Kids Pirate Bay – This is a pirate aquatic park with a vibrantly designed tipping bucket and slides.
- Bumper boats – These are like bumper cars in the water, making them among the most thrilling attractions for kids. They can compete with other park visitors or just flow with the drift.
- Kids Driving School – This place offers your kids the opportunity to learn to drive and adopt safe driving techniques.
With plenty of kids’ activities in Doha, you will never run out of options to keep your little ones busy and entertained. But before your family trip, check online for promos, special discounts, and other important Doha travel guidelines.